With the latest release of TeamViewer QuickSupport app for iOS for iOS 11, it is now possible to share your iOS screen via TeamViewer. This allows supporters to provide best possible support for iPhone and iPad users as they can see exactly what’s happening on the device screen and can guide users better on solving issues on their device.
To be able to use this feature, you must meet the following requirements:
- The iOS device (iPhone or iPad) requires iOS 11 to be installed.
- Make sure, that the latest updates are installed for the TeamViewer QuickSupport app on the iOS device.
- You have TeamViewer 8 or later installed on the device you want to connect with. This is possible with Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS devices.
Make sure, every device is set up correctly in order to use the screen sharing functionality for iOS devices. Therefore, you’ll need to do some preparations before you can connect to an iOS device.
The following initial steps must be done to start a screen sharing session for remote support:
- Download and install the TeamViewer QuickSupport app for iOS on the iPhone or iPad you want to connect to. The app can be found in the AppStore for iOS or by clicking.
- Download and install TeamViewer on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS to connect to the device.
Connect to iOS for remote support
Compared to connections to other operating systems like Android, iOS doesn’t allow remotely controlling the device.
Therefore, when connecting to and iOS device, TeamViewer is providing a solution to make support easier for these devices as it provides the ability to see the screen of the iOS device live and be thus able to better guide users on solving issues in their device themselves.
Please follow these steps to use iOS screen sharing for remote support.
On the iOS device
- Open the QuickSupport app
- Tab the Share screen button
Start sharing the iPhone or iPad screen.
- Follow the instructions on the initial setup
- Leave the QuickSupport app
- Open up Settings
- Go to Control Center > Customize Control
Open up custom control center settings.
- Add Screen Recording to be displayed in the Control Cente
Add Screen Recording to Control Center.
- Go back to the QuickSupport app
- Open up the Control Center (swipe up bottom of screen)
- 3D touch (iPhone S6 and above) or press and hold the screen recording icon
Open the broadcast settings.
- Select TeamViewer 1 and tab Start Broadcasting 2. Screen is now ready to be shared and you can switch back to the QuickSupport app
- Share the TeamViewer ID displayed. You will be notified as soon as the supporter will connect and need to allow access
Share the ID with the person that needs to see your screen.
On the supporting device
- Open TeamViewer full version on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS
- Enter the TeamViewer ID 1 from the iOS device and click Connect to partner 2
Connect to the iOS device.
- The remote partner will receive a connection promp
Prompt for remote support.
- If accepted, you can see the screen of the device and are able to guide the iOS user on how to solve issues in the device
Stop screen sharing in the iOS device
To stop screen sharing via TeamViewer on the iOS device, there are several approaches:
- Open the Control Center and tab the red blinking screen recording icon
- Tab on the title bar and select Stop in the Screen Broadcasting popup
After screen sharing is stopped, the title bar will no longer be in red.